Saturday, May 21, 2011

Success!

The Sack has been open now for a little over 2 months. I feel like I know all about food carts now! I am sure there is more to learn... Make sure you grey water dispenser is easy to open. Mine is very hard, and every day is extremely frustrating. Several things didn't work inside the cart, but I don't want to focus on that. We are making it work, and if you need references about the people who built my cart, feel free to contact me and I will give you many tips.

Our food seems to be a success. The feijoada, of course is he show-stopper. We have customers who come back several times per week to eat it! Nick and Evan so far are the winning regulars. Jonas eats here pretty regularly as well, but he is a friend, so it might not count. I love to hear when customers come back ans say that they "can't stop thinking about the food" and they just had to come back.

We decided to add the Fish Muqueca to our regular menu as well. Muqueca is a typical dish from the north of Brazil, and it is also known as Brazilian Fish Stew. Sauteed fish with peppers, tomatoes, onions, and Dende oil, topped with shrimp and coconut milk. We serve it over rice and farofa (toasted yucca flour).

No comments:

Post a Comment