Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brazilian Connection!

I love the little Brazilian community of Portland. Actually, many Portuguese speakers, but not too many Brazilians. They are a very supportive bunch, and they organized a get together in the cart last week. Of course, I had to make Coxinhas (fried potato dumplings filled with chicken), and Empadinha de Palmito (hearts of palm mini biscuits). Brazilians are crazy about their snacks, that's for sure.




I mastered  the art of making both of them, and I have to tell you, my Coxinhas and Empadinhas are the best I've had in a while. The Brazilians invaded the D-Street Noshery, and it was so much fun. They were very happy to be here, and they loved the food! There is nothing quite as awesome as hearing a Brazilian tell me that my feijoada is the best they have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment