Monday, March 7, 2011

We are open for business!


We passed the inspection on March 3rd, and we opened On March 5th! Erin has been great, she was there through the whole process. When we opened, some pipes were leaking and the gas wasn't coming out, but she showed up within 30 minutes of my call and saved the day.

My first fear was that we were not going to sell anything... but we did! Tons of feijoada! Our crepe machine is still not working and I am angry about that, but I think we can fix it for the upcoming weekend. The acai was a huge success, and so was the feijoada. People were very open to try it even when they were not totally sure what it was.

I also realized that we need to be more clear with the type of food that we are selling. I guess "samba" and the statue of Jesus don't really scream Brazil as I thought it woul. Hope to see you there sometime soon!

3 comments:

  1. wouldn't it be funny if gringos thought you were selling religious dance food? tell them it's like christian disco food, yummy and keeps you up all night! (i don't even know what that means)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I tried your quindim today! Didn't know that you just opened. Good luck with everything! My friend and I are trying to eat at every single Portland food cart in town. Yours was one of our first!

    Dominique

    http://www.dominiquefong.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dominique! If you are really going to try all, you should start a blog. There are 700 carts in Portland now. It will take you a while... have fun!

    ReplyDelete