Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's almost Show Time!

My head is pounding, and my body is aching. We just parked our cart in the D-Street Noshery. We spent the day looking for n alternative for my crepe machine, which comes from Brazil and it's not set up for propane tanks. No one knows how to figure it out so far.

I discovered Rose's restaurant supply. They have used and new restaurant supplies. Pretty much everything you'll ever need for a food cart. I also discovered Curtis trailer supplies. They have everything for trailers. That's where I bought the cables to connect the electricity.

D-Street requires liability insurance, which is great, but I wasn't expecting the extra $85 dollars per month. They also require compostable disposables. I am happy about that. There are about 600 food carts in Portland right now. Just imagine the amount of waste they produce if they are not composting. At least I am part of the solution, and not the problem.

We have our pre-opening inspection today, and Erin is going to be there. There are still several things that need to be in place, such as a thermometer, and a sanitizing kit. Mostly discovering as we go. I am a bit scared now that we are finally parked and ready to blow up. 

1 comment: